Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! Stats Page
Show Details: February 2020
Billie Eilish may have five Grammys, but Billy Kurtis is your only grampy
- First: Faith Salie 17 (3 / 7)
- Second: Josh Gondelman 14 (2 / 6)
- Third: Maz Jobrani 11 (3 / 4)
After Peter Sagal explained the story behind the second limerick from the Listener Limerick Challenge segment, Maz Jobrani started singing a new verse to "Baby Shark" with "Walking sharks, doo doo doo doo doo doo"
Hey, Iowa. I'm the only candidate that's via-Bill
- First: Amy Dickinson 14 (4 / 5)
- Second: Peter Grosz 10 (2 / 4)
- Third: Hari Kondabolu 8 (2 / 3)
After Tracy Letts answered all three Not My Job questions correctly, Bill Kurtis said that "very few people get 'em all right". Including this show, there have been 53 instances (and three exception) in which a guest has scored all 3 points where Bill Kurtis was the scorekeeper.
Peter Sagal, Bill and the panelists provided some assistance for the second limerick during the Listener Limerick Challenge.
Hey, coronavirus, you can't touch me. I've got a clean Bill of health
- First: Alonzo Bodden 14 (2 / 6)
- Second: Tom Papa 13 (3 / 5)
- Third: Helen Hong 11 (3 / 4)
Peter Sagal accepted Alonzo Bodden's answer of "plots" for Alonzo's last Lightning Fill-in-the-Blank round question. The correct answer was a list of addresses that the person was planning to rob.
When I'm President, we'll meet in the O-Bill Office
The Bluff the Listener segment was from the show that aired on 2019-07-20
Hey, mountain climbers. Summit this. I'm Mount Bill-imanjaro
- First: Roxanne Roberts 14 (2 / 6)
- Second Tied: Luke Burbank 13 (3 / 5)
- Second Tied: Joel Kim Booster 13 (3 / 5)
This is the first time that Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! had a show that aired on a leap day.
Listeners of Luke Burbank's podcast, "Too Beautiful to Live," will be familiar with the name Luke used in his Bluff the Listener story.