Show Details: October 2011
- First: Faith Salie 16 (4 / 6)
- Second: Tom Bodett 13 (3 / 5)
- Third: Maz Jobrani 12 (2 / 5)
The listener contestant for the Listener Limerick Challenge humorously provides TMI during her introduction.
- First Tied: Luke Burbank 16 (4 / 6)
- First Tied: Paula Poundstone 16 (2 / 7)
- Third: P.J. O'Rourke 11 (3 / 4)
During the Who's Carl This Time? round, Peter confused St. Peter with St. Paul, causing P.J. to correct Peter. This lead to Luke and Paula to join into the fun.
Peter had a verbal trip up when introducing the Bluff the Listener game to the listener contestant with "what is, means... that" rather than "what this means is that". Paula called Adam Riess a physicist, in which Adam clarified that he was an astro-physicist and jokingly taking offense to that.
Listener contestant in the Listener Limerick Challenge round actually said "wait, wait... don't tell me" when trying to come up with an answer.
- First Tied: Amy Dickinson 12 (4 / 4)
- First Tied: Mo Rocca 12 (2 / 5)
- First Tied: Charlie Pierce 12 (2 / 5)
The listener contestant asked to re-hear one of the limericks as she zoned out part-way through. She explained that she usually listens to the podcast of the show while working and will sometimes zones out.
Mo Rocca joked about having a three-way tie of 9-9-9 at the end of the game in reference to Herman Cain's tax plans. Unfortunately, all three panelists started the final round with an even number of points. Coincidentally, the panelists ended up in a three-way tie with 12 points each. This is another instance in which a three-way tie in which Mo Rocca was a panelist (2010-10-23, the show in which Mo asked when was the last three-way tie, and 2008-09-27).
- First: Mo Rocca 13 (3 / 5)
- Second: Paula Poundstone 12 (4 / 4)
- Third: Roy Blount, Jr. 11 (1 / 5)
- First: Roxanne Roberts 17 (5 / 6)
- Second: Brian Babylon 11 (3 / 4)
- Third: Tom Bodett 9 (3 / 3)
Carl Kasell's attempt of re-creating the sound of a baby crying was hilarious.