Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! Stats Page
Show Details: May 2012
- First: Kyrie O'Connor 14 (2 / 6)
- Second Tied: Charlie Pierce 13 (3 / 5)
- Second Tied: Roy Blount, Jr. 13 (3 / 5)
When Peter said that Kyrie was in third place that the beginning of the Lightning Fill-in-the-Blank round, Kyrie said that she was sort of in second place. Peter would be correct when using the standard competition ranking and it is also the ranking method used for this site.
- First: Tom Bodett 16 (4 / 6)
- Second: Amy Dickinson 13 (3 / 5)
- Third: Mo Rocca 12 (2 / 5)
- First: Charlie Pierce 15 (3 / 6)
- Second: Roxanne Roberts 13 (3 / 5)
- Third: Brian Babylon 12 (2 / 5)
- First: Paula Poundstone 17 (3 / 7)
- Second: P.J. O'Rourke 14 (2 / 6)
- Third: Luke Burbank 11 (3 / 4)
In the podcast version of the show, P.J. O'Rourke only answered four questions correctly versus the six that Carl stated. I'm not sure if this was due to editing of the show for air/podcast. P.J. was only asked five questions in the podcast version of the show. The number of questions Luke answered correctly matched that of the count Carl stated; though, in the podcast version, Luke was asked six questions. I'm not sure if this matches what was actually asked during the live recording.
Before Paula started her round, she described that the last time she was on, 2012-04-28, Paula not only answered all eight questions correctly; but, did so very quickly that there was still time left on the clock. Paula now has a winning streak of three shows that she's been on recently. Paula's panelist prediction response was bleeped out.