Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! Stats Page
Show Details: March 2013
- First: Jessi Klein 12 (2 / 5)
- Second Tied: Mo Rocca 11 (3 / 4)
- Second Tied: Alonzo Bodden 11 (3 / 4)
Mo Rocca was in great form for the Lightning Fill-in-the-Blank round, particularly after Peter asked Bill Kurtis if Mo did well enough to win. Bill Kurtis simply answered, "No." At which, Mo said that Bill should have built up the suspense and then said Carl would normally have said, though in a semi-whiny manner: "He needed five correct answers, but he only had four. So, the winner this week is Jessi Klein."
- First: Roy Blount, Jr. 17 (3 / 7)
- Second Tied: Paula Poundstone 13 (3 / 5)
- Second Tied: Firoozeh Dumas 13 (3 / 5)
- First: Faith Salie 12 (2 / 5)
- Second: Paula Poundstone 11 (3 / 4)
- Third: Bobcat Goldthwait 4 (2 / 1)
If Peter hadn't accepted Bobcat's answer of "Exacto Knife" during the Lightning Fill-in-the-Blank round, Bobcat would have repeated Paula's incredibly hilarious zero correct answers from 2008-03-29 and scoring two points.
- First: Amy Dickinson 17 (3 / 7)
- Second: Charlie Pierce 13 (3 / 5)
- Third: Tom Bodett 10 (2 / 4)
Another instance in which all three correct answers for the Not My Job round were "B". Bill Kurtis okay'd Tom Bodett's answer of "statue of a car" during the Lightning Fill-in-the-Blank round when the proper answer was a full-scale snow sculpture of a VW Beetle after some questioning of "statue of a car" versus "snow sculpture".
- First: Adam Felber 18 (2 / 8)
- Second: Kyrie O'Connor 16 (2 / 7)
- Third: P.J. O'Rourke 11 (3 / 4)
Carl Kasell introduced Tom Bodett as "filling in for Drew Carey, filling in for Peter Sagal". Tom Bodett went all folksy during the intro portion, with Carl trying to translate it into NPR-speak. Tom Bodett was bleeped twice while asking and explaining the second Not My Job question.
Tom Bodett followed Peter Sagal's bad punnage regarding the Listener Limerick Challenge round at the beginning of the second panelist round. In this case, Tom based his puns on his famous Motel 6 ad line. At the beginning of the Listener Limerick Challenge, Tom said, "it's Rhyme Time" almost in the same manner he says "It's Mime Time" on The Animaniacs.